0 votes
Is renting a room in your house considered income?

1 Answer

0 votes
If you collect rent from someone who lives in a property that you own – even if it's just a room in your house – you're considered a landlord and must report the rent you receive as taxable income. To offset your rental income, the IRS lets you deduct expenses and depreciation related to the rental.
Welcome to our site, where you can find questions and answers on everything about renting houses, apartments, villas, flats and other property in many countries